Whats Your Favorite/hated Animated Movie
5 5

23 posts in this topic

Animated Movies, You either love them or hate them. My question that I pose to you all is Which movies do you love or hate? Are they from your favorite anime, manga, or graphic novel series?

For me, My favorite Anime Movie would be the New Trigun movie. It has the same flair as the anime series and is well done.

Hmm...Well there's Nausica of the Valley of the Wind, Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D, and Akira to name a few that I really like. I can't really choose a favorite movie myself.

Well I like the new Evangelion Movies. They are doing well for me. I also liked The Nadesco Movie, Summer Wars, The girl who lept through time, Everything from Studio Ghibli to name a few. I think i could recall any bad movies at this time. I think I may need to dig down into my memory banks for that one. :P

Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies.

Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite. That is the one that I always suggest non anime people watch.

Has anybody seen The Secret World of Arrietty? Looks like a good movie right now.

I have seen some previews of that movie. It looks good. I want to see it. I will wait till it comes out on dvd or demand for me to watch it. It looks like I may need to either watch the movie the borrowers or the book before hand since I think Arrietty is a sequel or something like that to that book.

Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite.

Oh yeah, I remember that one, that's a really good movie. LOLs I still remember how those little people...things (can't remember what they called them) and how they would spin their heads.

*Kenshin wants to pull out his DVD now*

Oh No don't pull out your dvd. It may scare some children. LOLS Sorry i had to make that statement. Back on topic. I think Arriety Looks good.

But scaring kids is fun. :P

I forgot to mention the Rurouni Kenshin movie. While it comes from a good series, It's not the best movie I've seen, but it's still a good one.

Now that I think about it, I also forgot about Gundam Wing Endless Waltz. I really didn't like how the gundams didn't match up to the series as well they should have but IMO it was still a good movie.

I thought the nadesco movie was decent. I could have been better but it was a honorable mention :P

I heard good things about the movie. I will watch it soon

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Fave Anime Movies: Princess Mononoke, Kite, Howl's Moving Castle, Sailor Moon Movies, Tenchi Muyo Movies, Armitage & Armitage III (did they ever make an Armitage II or do we just not go there?), Inuyasha Movies... if i think of more i'll post them, but that's the majority of them i think :)

There is little ANIME which I looked at in the movie theater.

But, I watch a movie frequently on television.

"Nausica of the Valley of Wind" were broadcasting on television!

"The Crimson Pig", "Doraemon"

"Lupin the third?The castle of Cagliostro" was interesting!

Miyazaki Films are always good. Such as studio ghibli films. I love the Lupin the 3rd series as well many others. I liked the Live action Lupin the 3rd Move. It was really good.

I loved astroboy. it was a good computer animated movie. I thought they did a good job with the animation and story line. It reminded me of the original series. It was good stuff in my book.

i agree that movie was good. I liked it. I was pretty sure you would have posted about Evanglion and its movies. I know liked the original movies. But I like the retelling as well.

Miyazaki Films are always good. Such as studio ghibli films. I love the Lupin the 3rd series as well many others. I liked the Live action Lupin the 3rd Move. It was really good.

I remember when Cartoon Network did Month of Miyazaki, and showed four of Studio Ghibli's movies during Toonami. They showed Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

I remember that as well Ani. Now that Toonami is back. perhaps they will air more good anime and some more recent anime.

to me i think most anime movie suck. due to how short they are. but i heard that there comeing out with a code geass movie witch should be good.

I think the new Evangelion movies are really good. I am still waiting for the 3rd installment to come out in the states. Are far as movies being too short It all depends on the movies. If it is a movie for an anime series than they are good as a supplemental video to the series. If the movie happens to be a stand alone movie then I think they can be good if the story line can be told in inside a short period of time.