2 2
Kenshin

Final Fantasy (Series)

That does everyone think of the Final Fantasy series? As far as RPGs go, IMO it's one of the best and most influential series out there (the other most influential probably being the Zelda series).

Final Fantasy is also one that sets the standard by which many other RPGs are judged for story line depth, graphics, soundtrack, battle system, etc, so even if you hate the series many other RPGs that you like will probably have some influence from it.

Thoughts?

For me I grew up playing the Legend of Zelda Series. That series is classified as an adventure game than an rpg for the most part because the story line is pretty much linear with some role playing game elements to it for the most part. As for Final Fantasy. I could never get into the game. I got frustrated with the fighting system. I dislike turn based fighting for the most part. I like things to be fluid and real time.

To wait to do something just doesn't do it for me. That is why I can't get into Turn-Based strategy or turnbased RPG's. Though I love me a good MMO-RPG where you play in real time. Such as Guild Wars. No waiting there :P I think i am just an odd one though. My tastes in games are quite odd. But that is me :P

However, I do love the Final Fantasy Advent Children Movie. Great Movie. FTW!

I have many friends who like the final fantasy series. Its good. Got good story line to it. I rather watch someone play it than me playing it because I suck at tatics.

Thats an understatement vash. i remember you trying to play risk. you always lost. lols.

LOLs, I don't mind some tatics and strategy but sometimes I'd like to just get out there and hack my enemies down too. IMO the FF series stradles the two extremes pretty well in the later games like in XII and XIII.

I have never sat down to really play the games that much. I just gave up after about an hour

Yeah, it takes a significant time investment to really get into them and a lot of patience too IMO.

Me i am run in, kill things and then ask questions later .lols

I've played most of the main series Final Fantasy games. The only ones I have not played are, XI, XIII-2, and XIV.

Same here. IMO X! and XIV should not be in the main series as they are MMORPGs and not regular standalone titles but that's just me. I have XIII-2, but I'm holding off on it until I finish XIII.