2 2
naota

Deadmand Wonderland

As you know Toonami just launched again on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim on Saturday nights. After being off the air for some time they started it off with a bang with Bleach as the starting show. After bleach they are airing a new series called Deadman Wonderland.

My first impression was this is going to be good. I am going to like it. After watching the first episode I am totally hooked. I thought it was awesome. I was wondering if anyone else saw the debut of Deadman Wonderland.

Deadman_Wonderland_-_Characters.jpg

Quick Plot summary is as following.

A massive earthquake ravaged Japan's mainland and destroyed most of Tokyo, sinking three-quarters of the city into the ocean. Ten years later, the story shifts to Igarashi Ganta, a seemingly ordinary student attending Nagano Prefecture's middle school. As an escapee, a survivor of the great earthquake, Ganta has no memories of the tragedy and has lived a normal life. This all changes when a strange person covered in blood and crimson armor floats through his classroom windows. Grinning madly, the Red Man massacres Ganta's entire class but instead of killing him, embeds a red crystal shard in Ganta's chest. Within days of the massacre, Ganta is declared the sole suspect and, following a quick trial, is sentenced to life imprisonment in Deadman Wonderland, a massive theme park like prison. --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadman_Wonderland

If you saw the series. What is your impression?

I saw the first episode of this and Casshern Sins, and my opinion on this one is...wow. I would like to know how in the world Ganta could seriously be accused of what basically looks like blowing up the room. Then again, something seemed off about his lawyer, among other things...

That is correct the lawyer looked like someone who was a bit shady. I cant wait to see how the series goes down. I know i have the japanese version of the series. I shall watch it and compare the differences.

I'd rather have Phoenix Wright as my lawyer. He may look incompetent, but at least I know he's a good guy.

Anyway, I saw this and last week's episodes, though I missed the first half of last night's episode. I like Shiro a lot more now due to what she said and did at the end of last night's episode.

The series starts and goes fast. I already finished the series in japanese. It is awesome.

Alright, that is what I was thinking. That was last weeks episode. It was good. Its get better. :lol:

Put in charge of observing him by the promoter, Tsunenaga Tamaki, Yō gives Ganta a piece of Candy so he can keep living, unaware that he's putting him in his debt. Meanwhile, the red man, known as the Wretched Egg, breaks lose and appears before Ganta. Ganta tries attacking him using his own abilities, before the Wretched Egg escapes and Ganta falls unconscious. After waking up, Ganta hears from the other witnesses that they keep Wretched Egg locked up in the G-Block of the prison, so he and Shiro head towards there. Deeming him dangerous, Captain Makina puts the facility on lockdown and sends a fierce security robot after Ganta. As it approaches them, Ganta and Yō follow Shiro into a secret passage leading to the G-Block. As Shiro confronts the robot, it is destroyed by the arrival of another inmate with the same powers as Ganta.

Oh yeah. it is heating up big time. Especially as they add new characters and progress the story line. I think after the 5 or 6 episode you will be like WTF

Just started watching it. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. Interesting so far.

The first episode was more of like WTF mate is going on. But then after the 2nd and third episode its gets very fast.

Well if you forgot you could check out adult swim on demand, online or you can check out wikipedia. They have some synopsis's of the episodes.

Gah, missed it again, but I read the episode descriptions this time, so I know what happened.

I take it you don't have a dvr to record the episodes then?

I missed a bunch of episodes, but realized they are on ONDEMAND if you have cable. Also, the subbed version is available on Hulu.

I wound up downloading the Subbed version and watching it all in one shot after I saw the dubbed version because I wanted to see what was going on .