2 2
ani12

Indie Games

LOLs as if they couldn't tell :P

@ani12

Seeing all those posts made me glad that the traditional RPG is still around. There's just a certain feel to them that can't be captured by the modern RPGs they're making these days IMO. :)

Kenshin. thanks for the update. Remember windows is 1 line of code. Just extremely long and no word wrap. ;-)

To anyone who downloaded the new HetaOni expansion, there seems to be a bug that causes the bitmap to not load at the start of Chapter 12. According to Pianodream's Deviant Art page, it, along with other bugs, have been fixed. However, you'll need to reinstall the game after downloading the fixed version here:

http://pianodream.deviantart.com/art/HetaOni-ENGLISH-PROJECT-v15-0-RELEASE-307160911

Steam has good looking Indie games on it as well.

Recettear

header_292x136.jpg?t=1316028701

Plot Summary:

"Recettear is the story of an item shop, the girl who lives in it, and the fairy who turned her life upside down. Recette Lemongrass finds herself in charge of an item shop built into her house, in order to pay back a loan her father took and then skipped out on - and Tear, her newfound fairy "companion", won't take no for an answer! As Recette, you have to decide how you'll get your stock - either through playing the markets in town or going out into the wild with an adventuring friend and thrashing beasts until they give up the goodies - how much to sell things for, what the shop should look like, and how to best go about getting the money Tear needs to pay off the loan. If you can't come up with the money... well, hope you like living in a cardboard box."

Link to Steam page:

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/70400

Cave Story+

header_292x136.jpg?t=1331070417

Plot Summary:

"Arguably the most well-known indie game of all time, Cave Story features a completely original storyline wrapped with personality, mystery and hours of fast-paced fun. Cave Story is an action-adventure game from the critically acclaimed independent designer, Daisuke Amaya--or Pixel to his fans. Overflowing with unmatched charm and character, Cave Story takes you into a rare world where a curious race of innocent rabbit-like creatures, called Mimigas, run free.

You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimigas are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. The Mimigas’ only hope rest squarely on the shoulders of a quiet, amnesiac boy who can't remember his own name.

Run, jump, shoot, fly and explore your way through a massive action-adventure reminiscent of classic 8- and 16-bit games. Take control and learn the origins of this world’s power, stop the delusional villain and save the Mimiga!"

Steam Link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3

I've heard of Cave Story. That's another one I want to play.

Recettear looks good too. Since they're working on porting the Steam engine to Linux, I wonder with will happen first. Will I have my new PC built first or will it come out on Linux first. :rolleyes:

I've played through Cave Story before and got the Normal Ending(I missed the items I needed for the best one).

Ib:

IbBanner.png

"Ib (pronounced "Eeb," similar to “Eve”) is a freeware horror adventure game by kouri made in RPG Maker 2000.

A young girl named Ib visits an art gallery with her parents.

While observing the many exhibits, she suddenly realizes she is alone.

And in her search for others, she finds things awry in the gallery...

The game is focused on exploration and puzzle-solving.

There are no battles, and it does not demand quick reflexes.

It's designed to be accessible to all kinds of players, so enjoy."

Download link:

http://www.mediafire...g32xzro2hzua5o3