How About Those Other Sci-Fi Shows
3 3

85 posts in this topic

What are your all time favorites as well as current favorites?

I am a big Trekkie geek. Liked all of them (some more than others) except the original.

Also a SGU (all of them) fan.

My recent obsessions have been BBC shows like Doctor Who, Primeval (until Cutter left) and Torchwood.

I've seen some Star Trek, mostly through reviews of episodes, and Deep Space Nine is my favorite out of them, with Voyager and Enterprise being my least favorite, in that order.

I loved Stargate. it was a great series. I miss it. The movie was good the series was good.

I've also seen some Doctor Who, though I'd only be able to identify the first, tenth and eleventh Doctors. ^^;

I like Battlestar (both the old one and the new one). I also like Eureka and all Star Trek series except Enterprise (haven't seen more than a few episode of season 1 of it so I can't make a good decision on it).

As far as Star Trek goes my order of which I like the most is this:

1. DS9

2. Next Gen/Orignal Series

3. Voyager

I haven't gotten into any of the Star Gate series.

I like Battlestar (both the old one and the new one). I also like Eureka and all Star Trek series except Enterprise (haven't seen more than a few episode of season 1 of it so I can't make a good decision on it).

As far as Star Trek goes my order of which I like the most is this:

1. DS9

2. Next Gen/Orignal Series

3. Voyager

I haven't gotten into any of the Star Gate series.

I like Battlestar too. Haven't see the original in a very long time so don't remember much of it, but really enjoyed the new one.

My favorite Star Trek was Next Gen with Voyager close behind (I am always a sucker for women in kick ass positions). DS9 was my least favorite. Enterprise was OK. It was too realistic and didn't have the same fantasy element that all the other ones had.

Oh yes how could I forget X-files. It was a good series. I missed it. Both movies were good as well. I enjoyed them. I hear they may be making a 3rd movie.

I like Battlestar too. Haven't see the original in a very long time so don't remember much of it, but really enjoyed the new one.

My favorite Star Trek was Next Gen with Voyager close behind (I am always a sucker for women in kick ass positions). DS9 was my least favorite. Enterprise was OK. It was too realistic and didn't have the same fantasy element that all the other ones had.

I also like seeing women in kick ass positions. Even in real life. :)

I may have listed Voyager as my least favorite, but it's not like I didn't like it. I actually liked it a lot along with the others.

X-Files was pretty good, what little I saw of it.

I also liked X-Files for what I saw of it. Though some of the episodes were too far fetched and became just plain stupid to me, especially when they made such obvious errors when it looked like they had supposedly done their research for the show.

The X-files to me was cheezy but I liked it. Made me laugh at one point or another.

I was a big time fan of X-files during the earlier seasons. The last few years got too twisted and silly.

I like a lot of the sy-fy originals like Alice, Tin Man, Dune, etc. too

Tin Man and Dune were awesome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I've heard of Dune, but not Tin Man.

Tim Man was a fantasy twist on The Wizard of Oz similar to Alice. If you like the current show Once Upon Time, you would like this one.

Tim Man was a fantasy twist on The Wizard of Oz similar to Alice. If you like the current show Once Upon Time, you would like this one.

Oh, cool. And there's another one I don't know. XD

I heard of Dune, Tin Man, Alice and your right. I believe there was another one that they did I think it was a remake of the shining. All those movies were a mini series event on the SciFi Channel.

Oh yeah, come to think about it, I still need to see Alice. That's one that I've wanted to see but haven't had a chance to yet.

Dune was not only a miniseries on Sci-Fi, but there was also a movie made in 1984. Both are good IMO. Also the sequel, Children of Dune, is really good too but I think I liked Dune more. I haven't read the books but I'm told that the miniseries was true to the book in someways and the movie, in other ways.

Speaking of Sci-fi, I sometimes see Star Trek on there, though only TNG episodes. I've watched a couple when I got the chance, though that was not often.

You could get some decent scifi shows on g4 every now and then.

Oh, I remember seeing Star Trek: TOS on G4. I think that was the first time I actually ever watched Star Trek.

There is also the recent movie. A good movie but not really part of the star trek franchise. I like to call it a Sci Fi movie with reference to star trek.

I never thought of it that way. That's a good way to think of it given how much they changed in it.

Yeah. Everything is changing. I do hate change sometimes. That I do.