2 2
sp346

Subbed Or Dubbed?

I always watched anime dubbed although I do have a few friends who say you miss out too much on the dubbed versions. I recently watched something subbed because I really wanted to see it and felt I lost too much time reading and wasn't able to fully appreciate the visuals.

What are your preferences?

• Like 1

For convenience I watched Dubbed for the most part. Some series are not dubbed so I have to watch subbed. Either way its fine for me. If i do watched subbed I may need to rewind or re watch some parts because of what is going on. But either way, I don't mind.

I prefer dubbed, mostly so I can watch what's happening instead of having to read it, though in the case of series that were released here without a dub, I'd still watch them. If the dub is making my ears bleed, though, I'll switch to the subtitles. Thankfully, that does not happen too often now.

I prefer subbed for most series. A lot of it has to do with the voice actors for me. Many dubbed series don't get the characters voiced correctly and they just sound very out of place or just plain stupid. At least with subbed I'm hearing it as the authors originally intended and nothing feels out of place anymore.

There are a few good anime I don't mind watching dubbed, but they don't come around very often.

As far as missing out on things if you watch it dubbed, that is largely true and depending on the series where the differences can be either obvious or be full of small details that when you string them together you get a totally different feel for the series. There are some series where they do a good enough job that you really don't see any difference like Cowboy Bebop for example.

I have been known to watch both on occasion. just like watching Deadman wonderland. I am watching the dubbed on Cartoon Network but I already watched it in japanese.