2 2
naota

New Licensing Firm In The Us

I Saw this on facebook. I thought I would share the information with you guys. What do you think?

Sentai Filmworks is among the newest of players in the North American anime industry, having absorbed anime licensing and publishing assets from now-defunct ADV Films. Sentai have a unique strategy: they will more often than not release anime in sub-only sets, and acquire the rights to brand-new titles very early on. This two-fold strategy usually allows them to release new anime faster than any other company (with a few exceptions).

Likely due to the fact that they are still rapidly expanding, the company did not host its own panel at Anime Expo, but they were able to announce their new acquisitions via press release. The new acquisitions include:

La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

Campione!

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

As the above titles are brand-new shows, you will be able to watch them via Crunchyroll and various other streaming services. Home video release for all three is planned for next year. The following two shows are older, and will receive home and digital release this year:

Mayo Chiki

[email protected]: Xenoglossia

Mayonnaise chicken anyone?

~Mike Tamburelli

Via. Crunchyroll

Sounds good to me. I also like the idea of release more anime in sub only sets. IMO While many American voice actors are good, I still see too many cases where their talents aren't used the way they should be and we end up with voices that don't fit the characters correctly.

I'm also glad to see someone take over what ADV had. Now those anime can be released again and that's always a good thing IMO. :)

Yeah I would like to see Hellsing Ultimate 5 come out.