2 2
sp346

Disney Cartoons

Yeah, I know. Not as exciting as anime, but worth discussing. The quality of the animation is amazing. In the new movie Brave, I heard they used a special new program just for her hair movements. The movie was pretty good. Being a feminist, love seeing how the Disney movies have progressed from the princesses who waited for their princes to save them, to female character that can kick on ass!

Disney has been influential in the animated video genre. without Disney a lot of things may not have transpired or turned out the way they are. Not to mention I am seeing Disney working with Study Ghibli alot more now.

I haven't seen Brave, but I know what you mean by how they portray princesses or other female main characters. I would say that many aren't exactly helpless (Nala from Lion King, Jasmine from Aladin, Bianca from the Rescuers, etc.) but still tend to rely on a male main character (or minor character like prince charming only showing up to save the day at the end) to get them out of trouble.

Disney has also been known to make propaganda videos too (warning: do not watch if you are offended by anything Nazi related):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D24OEVXmW0&feature=related

Guest fragrance

Disney's cartoons are great to watch like animes. I like the design and the animation too.

So true. Disney does have a good animation quality. Their cg animated movies are good too

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Disney Cartoons are good. Aimed towards the childen of each generation. It is also interesting how Disney cartoons and other cartoons of the late 40's and 50's help shaped the Japanamation as we know it.