2 2
sp346

Nycc - What's In A Convention?

I've never been to a convention. I noticed NYCC is happening soon. What happens at these events? I'm not into buying stuff or video games. Although I like anime a lot, I don't really consider myself that knowledgable with comics or anime. Would there be anything interesting for me?

New York Anime Fest is now completely Merged with the New York Comic Con under that name. A convention is a unique experience in my opinion. There are many things to see and do at a convention. You have Panels of all sorts which can include Anime Viewing, Comic discussions, Question and Answer segments and more. There is the Artist Alley where you can see artwork that fans create and other works of art by companies. You have Exhibition Floor where you can go to booths ranging from anime, manga and video games to comics, computers, and books. There you can meet with companies and other exhibitors and see what is new, whats hot and what not.

If you are into Cosplay you can cosplay as your favorite Anime, Manga, Comic, or game Character. and much more. I enjoyed the NYAF since 2008 - 2011. I also went to Otakon in 2005. I enjoyed the whole con experience. You get to meet with people who share the same interests as you and its fun. Too bad I am not going to be going this year due to health reasons. But I know my friends whom I went with in the past will be going this year so that I can get some good pics for the gallery.

All the info you need about this years con can be found at http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ There you should see a list of exhibitors, autograph signing, Panels, events and more. If you have a smart phone you can download the NYCC App and you can plan your con experience there.

Also If you do go. Make sure you have enough money for food and transportation. Convention food in the convention hall can be quite expensive. If you are familiar with the City you may want to leave and go to a local restaurant if you do get hungry that way you are not spending 10 dollars on a 4 inch personal pizza, 4 dollars for a 20 ounce soft drink and lord knows what else you may be milked for.

Wear comfortable shoes, You will be walking a lot and standing in lines. I hope that answers your question.

Naota has pretty much summed everything up in that one post. Each convention has much to do and see. Every convention is different but essentially the same.