News Ticker
  • Please be advised to check your spam folder when registering. Some email providers will send emails from HV Anime to spam in error.
  • Site Announcements

Countdown Till Ichiban 2024 Starts

• Days
    • Hours
    • Minutes
    • Seconds

Millennium Earl

naota

image.jpegIt is official. I Have taken my Millennium Earl Cosplay out of retirement. The jacket was stored well and is in good nick. It being washed on the Delicate Cycle then It will be tumbled dried on low. The Hat is nowhere to be found and the ears and glasses are pretty much destroyed. Looks Like I will need to purchase a Stove Pip Top Hat, Steampunk Glasses and new wood elf ears. Once that is done I can then adorn the hat and make it look like the Earls.  

I think this time around I won't have Lero, but instead have a walking Cane. I am still debating. It all depends on how much time I have. 

The last time I cosplayed as the Earl was back in 2009. Looks Like I will be making some improvements. Instead of the Pirate Boots which were uncomfortable and small, I will be using some SteamPunkeESC Engineer Boots. There will a traditional Stove Pipe Top Hat instead of that flimsy hat I originally had. I will resurrect the  moon on the new hat and add some new adornments as the earls hat always changes.

I'll Make sure I keep this thread updated as the Earl Takes Flight

I am in the process of pricing out the parts for Lero. I think I can make it much better than the original. Looks like I will need to grab some sound clips from the anime and see how that goes. 

All of the parts needed for LERO has been bought plus the additional material needed to make the earl unique and more realistic. I am hoping it get here no later than Friday. It should be interesting.

New Hat, glasses and ears came in. Did a quick test shot . It came out well. Will work on the electronics over the next few days. 

39397737_10156728394096979_5228397456177233920_o.jpg

The Earl's hat came out nicely with all of the Bling I put into it. Lero is still a work in progress. I was able to get the electronic voice module  built and playing audio. The sound bytes need to be recorded and uploaded to the unit. I couldn't run the switch down the handle of the umbrella due to the umbrella being made of wood. This left me no choice but to come up with another method of getting Lero Activated. I am going to use a wireless momentary switch. Should be in by Wednesday. I should be able to get lero up and running on Wednesday if not Thursday Morning. Other than that the Cosplay is about 90% complete. 

Wow Naota, This is a blast from the past. Hope you have a good  time.

The cosplay is pretty much completed. Lero came out decent. With more time It would be much better. But overall its nice. I did a dry makeup less run of the Earl and it came out decent.

DSCN0430.JPG

DSCN0431.JPG

DSCN0429.JPG

DSCN0428.JPG

DSCN0427.JPG

DSCN0426.JPG

DSCN0425.JPG

Here is the Full Cosplay from the Convention 

It was a good time. I plan on making it even better while I wait for the next convention. 

Looking Great Naota. Looking forward to see how you improve. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Naota, I have a good Idea for the electronics for Lero. If you can get it set up with a blutooth transmitter, you can hide the electronics in a backpack or perhaps hidden in the hat. I think that would be pretty cool. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 3d printer. I will be taking the electronics and making a custom enclosure so that it looks professional. It will give me a chance to play around with 3D model creation. 

Important Information

Privacy Policy