Latest Thoughts
3 3

630 posts in this topic

Methinks very much so.

LT: Ain't nothin like sitting around and waiting......................

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Yeah I had a couple of scammers. I broke the bots. It was funny.

I hate waiting its been a month since I applied. Boooooooo.

LT: Sitting here at work on Turkey Day. I am so tired. I would like to be home playing Mugen Souls

At least turkey day was easy money right?

LT: Speaking of sitting around...I just "love" sitting here doing overtime to babysit a tech that's working on one of our servers on webex. Maybe I should hit myself with my hammer some more.

Turkey day was fine. Took 6 times more calls than last year which I only took one. No food catered in but the supervisors did bring us food to eat.

LT: hung out with fallen_angel today for a bit as I was home from work. I am just tired of things going on. I am loosing that fire/desire if you know what I mean.

LT; Well, I ended up getting a Nintendo 3DS recently. It works pretty good, though I don't use the 3D often.

I thought about getting a 3DS but there's only a small handful of games I'd be interested in like New SMB2 and Mario Kart....

Turkey day was fine. Took 6 times more calls than last year which I only took one. No food catered in but the supervisors did bring us food to eat.

LT: hung out with fallen_angel today for a bit as I was home from work. I am just tired of things going on. I am loosing that fire/desire if you know what I mean.

I do and I've been there. The call center had sucked the fire/desire to do things right out of me which was also part of the reason for me moving. There was nothing for me to aspire to (career wise) while I was in there and all they do is slowly take away perk after perk so you're left feeling like a shell of a man that once had drive and desire but now just goes through the motions in an unapreciated job everyday. If corporate really gave a damn about L3, supervisors wouldn't have to bring food themselves (which was at their own expense right?).

I worked to get into ADSS because at least ADSS let me use a little more of my ability even if it was still only a small percentage of what I was capable of for my technical skills, and after I got into it, it was better, but even then it didn't take long for me to feel "underemployed" again. Aspiring to make the "numbers" good enough for corporate in a job that uses only a fraction of my technical skills just wasn't enough for me.

Maybe after the holidays you should look at other companies. TWC has good benefits, but if you can't transfer and if the job is just sucking the life out of you it's only going to be worse for your health (mental and physical).

LT: I have the week of Xmas off! Yay! I'm going to watcheth the Anime and playeth the games all week (and still hit the gym of course). :)

I thought about getting a 3DS but there's only a small handful of games I'd be interested in like New SMB2 and Mario Kart....

I do and I've been there. The call center had sucked the fire/desire to do things right out of me which was also part of the reason for me moving. There was nothing for me to aspire to (career wise) while I was in there and all they do is slowly take away perk after perk so you're left feeling like a shell of a man that once had drive and desire but now just goes through the motions in an unapreciated job everyday. If corporate really gave a damn about L3, supervisors wouldn't have to bring food themselves (which was at their own expense right?).

I worked to get into ADSS because at least ADSS let me use a little more of my ability even if it was still only a small percentage of what I was capable of for my technical skills, and after I got into it, it was better, but even then it didn't take long for me to feel "underemployed" again. Aspiring to make the "numbers" good enough for corporate in a job that uses only a fraction of my technical skills just wasn't enough for me.

Maybe after the holidays you should look at other companies. TWC has good benefits, but if you can't transfer and if the job is just sucking the life out of you it's only going to be worse for your health (mental and physical).

LT: I have the week of Xmas off! Yay! I'm going to watcheth the Anime and playeth the games all week (and still hit the gym of course). :)

Tell me about. They are draining the life blood out of us and it is getting really noticed big time. I cant afford to loose this job at this time mainly because I am buying a house and it is part of the loan contract not to leave this job at this time. I got message that I don't qualify for that IP Engineering position I applied for for the division. Ouch a kick to the nuts i say. But oh well. I am still going to be looking towards other opportunities within TWC where my skills are more utilized.

LT: I have started a new blog. it is at http://rontheadmin.com it is my own personal/professional blog. Hopefully after the holidays I can go a head and start loosing all the weight I gained from the stress, the depression and other crap going on in my life.

Cool, I'll check it out.

LT: *yawn* Nothing like waiting outside a store while my sister gets my Xmas present.

LT: First day back after being out sick from work for 2 weeks. Diane Smith called back in. I feel bad for the regular level 3 agent who got her call. She hasn't called in for a year because we told her there is no problem by client relations.

Time to get some sleep now.

LOL did end up talking to her? I thought she was banned from getting up to L3 or something?

LT: In a way it sucks because what if she actually does have a problem?

~Edit

Go Go Gadget Tapatalk app! No carrage returns FTW!

(which I have fixed now)

Edited by Kenshin

Bulk Mailing system is not working right, issues with the templates. as well as some minor coding issues.

LT: Going to play the WII U in a bit after I do about an hour of studying.

For some reason, I just don't have any desire to get a Wii or Wii U...

LT: I spent most of this new year sick, but I'm finally better. :)

....and I hate MS SQL Server.

Thats good your feeling better kenshin. I have been sick many times last year. This year I am hoping to be better, loose weight and what not. 

The coding issue has been found out to be a undocumented bug that they are in the process of looking into and fixing as they were able to replicate it on multiple boards.

LT: Got to get used to this new schedule. I am missing the 3 days off. Now I have 2. but I Get out of work at a normal time which I don't mind.

LT: Well, I'm going to the Anime Central convention this year. Time to start saving up a lot. DX

LT: Well, I'm going to the Anime Central convention this year. Time to start saving up a lot. DX
That is cool. Good luck. I am planning on making it to the New York Comic Con this year as I can missed last year because I was out for a month and a half sick from work. I Lt I am glad the site is running correctly now. I just need to get more users and active users on the site. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Get people interested in going to the NY Anime Fest and get them to organize the trip here on the forums.

LT: I got a free webcam. :)

LT: I am now a home owner. Im happy about that :biggrin: I have an interview in NYC. Crossing my fingers!

Congrats :)

LT: Holy crap, Project X Zone is getting brought over here! Here's the Wikipedia page for those interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone

That sounds real interesting. I heard about the PS2 game Namco x Capcom, isn't this a follow up to that?

LT: Tomorrow I'm hoping to break 300 on the dead lifts. :)

I have been slowly moving into the house over the past 2 weeks since the closing. we got another 2 weeks to go until were fully moving in. Next Friday and Saturday I will be running coax, cat6 and cat5 cables throughout my house and setting up my home network like a boss. And Don't worry Kenshin I will send you a copy of the logical and physical diagrams cause I know you like good network Documentation ;-)

LOL damn strait I do! ;)

Congrats on the move BTW. :)

LT: Speaking of documentation, it looks like I may be redoing most of ours at work pretty soon (and i'm glad for it too as it's been bugging the hell out of me *must...resist...long..rant*). We're randomly dropping packets to certain servers and branches and it looks like we may have one of our core layer 3 switches starting to go bad. We're hoping not due to the cost of replacing it as we're just a small non-profit after all. Hopefully my cold reboot of it tomorrow morning will take care of it, but I have a feeling it's on its last legs so it may only buy us some time. Anytime a switch starts dropping packets on most of its ports is not a good sign.

LOL damn strait I do! ;)

Congrats on the move BTW. :)

LT: Speaking of documentation, it looks like I may be redoing most of ours at work pretty soon (and i'm glad for it too as it's been bugging the hell out of me *must...resist...long..rant*). We're randomly dropping packets to certain servers and branches and it looks like we may have one of our core layer 3 switches starting to go bad. We're hoping not due to the cost of replacing it as we're just a small non-profit after all. Hopefully my cold reboot of it tomorrow morning will take care of it, but I have a feeling it's on its last legs so it may only buy us some time. Anytime a switch starts dropping packets on most of its ports is not a good sign.

Thanks.

I have yet to start doing any of the cabling yet. Time is running out as were expected to be fully moved in soon.

If all ports are showing errors it could be either hardware or possibly the cabling. if you have the ability to try certifying some of the cabling. Perhaps something with the cabling or interface could be causing it to happen.  Worse comes to worse if you are using cisco and have a service agreement don't be discouraged to issue a SH TAC command and send that to cisco Tac for assistance.