Japanese Movie And Noodle Night
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hope this is the right place to post.

Gomen Kudasai, a great Japanese noodle shop in New Paltz is screening a Japanese movie every Thursday night. Many of the movies are anime. Great food and good movies. This Thursday is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

For more info, visit their website at http://gomenkudasainy.com/events-3/movies/ 

I am going to have to give that place a try. I didn't know New Platz had a noodle shop. 

This place is great. Authentic Japanese noodles. The owner used to host a Japanese language learning via Manga but she stopped because it was too much work. If there is enough interest, maybe she will revive it again.

There will also be a Bon-Odori Dance festival in New Paltz. Check it out www.bonodori.org 

New things You learn. I never knew New Paltz had stuff like that and I live about 30 minutes away. I guess I should go exploring soon. 

Ah man, the restaurant is shut down while they are on their summer vacation. Looks like I will have to wait  till they open back up after 8/14 to try them out.  

Too bad. But it will be worth the wait. I have taken Japanese friends there and they commented how good the food was. Noodles, rice balls and Dumburi. No sushi. Homemade miso. I think it was Tokyo Majin where they keep going to ramen noodle shops. I would always want to go to this restaurant after watching that show, although I don't think they have ramen! If you really want to feel like a Japanese kid, order a Ramune

So far I've only made it to one movie night. They do some short features first but start the movies at 8pm. It will be in Japanese with English subtitles.

1 person likes this

That is pretty cool. I will have to check it out as I stated before. Just need to make time between work and school. 

August 28th Movie will be Patlabor. Met the guy who runs the movie night. He said he takes requests and tries to accommodate them as best as possible. Maybe HV Anime should have a monthly gathering to watch movies here.  :)

1 person likes this

That does sound like a good Idea. When I get some free time, I can check out the place and speak with the owners and see what they say. 

Just a reminder, tonight is Patlabor at 7pm. Hope to see you there. I'm the crazy lady with the 2 kids who's more into anime than her kids  :P