1 1
Dekkard

6 Acrade Games Too Awesome For Release In America

Okay Dekkard. I think you may need to read the guidelines further. Guideline number 8 part B states that if you are going to start a topic with a link or video you must post information to go a head and start a discussion.

A good starter would have been like this:

When's the last time you went to an arcade? Maybe you were feeling nostalgic and wanted to see what awesome games they've invented in the last few decades, only to find ... games quite a bit worse than the stuff you have on your home consoles.

What the hell? There was a time when you went to arcades to play games that were bigger, better and more advanced than anything you could get at home. It's like one day game companies decided to stop making those.

The thing is, they didn't stop. They simply stopped bringing those games to the West. Games like ...

Read more: 6 Arcade Games Too Awesome to Get Released in the West | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_19447_6-arcade-games-too-awesome-to-get-released-in-west.html#ixzz1ZIKeHQGp

Well I do like some of those arcade games. They look like they can be super fun and super addictive. I wonder if they will ever come to the states. I know that I have been playing the gundam arcade fighter game and I have been loving it.

I think that arcades are totally underrated. Since the invention of the home game consoles put a kibosh on the arcades. I think they need to get some of those awesome games from the east and bring them to the states to reinvent the arcades.

I think you are right Vash. Arcades here in the states have been neglected and what not. I think they need to bring back the wonders of the arcade. It will be hard since most people play video games in their own homes.

You are right naota. Damn those home internet consoles. LOLS. our new youth won't experience the same experiences we have when we were young.

Yep, You got it right. I am actually building an arcade cabinet. I am currently repurposing an old kiosk into one. Once I get that set up correctly then I will build the full scale cabinet.

Yep' date=' You got it right. I am actually building an arcade cabinet. I am currently repurposing an old kiosk into one. Once I get that set up correctly then I will build the full scale cabinet.[/quote']

What kind of cabinet do you plan on building? A single player, dual player or quad player cabinet? How about cabinet style. Pac man, galaga, mortal kombat or other old school rig. I am very interested to see how that turns out. :D

Vash, I am planning on building a 2 player Cabinet. I have settled on a VEWLIX Design. Its a Taito design and It should be nice when I am done with it. I found a guy who can cnc mill the wood for me for a reasonable price and ship it to me. I will then put it to gether, paint it, and wire it all up. I am planning on putting a 32 inch tv in it. Which should be awesome. I will post pics of it when it is built.

So far my progress has been stopped. I have been working on other projects. I recently got my Motorcycle permit and a bike so I have been working on getting the bike up and running and my license. However, I am done working with the mame front end and I am working on the other emulators.