2 2
Kinopio

My Name Is Kinopio

部屋をあかるくして近づきすぎないようにして読んでくださいね

Greetings everyone,

Fellow Anime enthusiast here, though not in Hudson Valley (I reside in mid Westchester county), looking for those who share a genuine passion and not a fickle fad craze for Anime.

I tend to be drawn to old-school productions, especially those before my time, then was disheartened during the last decade (2000's) what with the maid cafes and Moe pedophlia, but now feel a renewed confidence in Anime for this decade, much thanks to Ikuhara's Mawaru Penguindrum.

So I'm hoping to find those who share fond memories of days when Anime wasn't oversaturated, when it was available on a 4th generation VHS, when it attained its cult status...or just fans who can hold great conversations without challenging me to count how many times Goku screamed in a filler episode. I don't identify myself as an otaku, and actually find that term to be a bit offensive, but I don't mind if you embrace it, just don't use it when referring to me.

Forums and online chats are great, though I much rather meet in group outings or attend conventions together. Are there regular meetings scheduled for this group? I look forward to meeting everyone.

PS: The Topic Title translates to "please be sure room is well-lit and do not sit too close when reading" in case anyone's wondering.

Edited by naota
Topic Title in Kanji, edited for readability

Greetings, and thanks for joining our community. It is nice to meet a fellow anime fan. We are currently an online community of anime fans who share the same interests. So far we are a small community and we haven't set any meetings. Most of us that are here do know each other IRL and thought it would be great to have a community that we can get others to join in on our converstaions and possibly grow to meetings.