2 2
sp346

Hello

Love anime but don't have any other friends who feel the same way, so looking for a place I can talk about my latest obsession. I've always loved animation, still like to watch cartoons to this day. But then I discovered anime and realized how much better it was than the Hollywood and Disney stuff and now I'm hooked.

Get most of my anime fix on netflix streaming, but they are limited in what they have and also not everything is dubbed (definitely like it dubbed). Any recommendations to other ways to view anime online is welcome.

sp

Welcome to the forums. Its a pleasure to meet you. We hope you have fun and joy your time here.

I like to use netflix to stream anime. I pay extra for the DVD's by mail feature so that I can watch titles that are not on streaming. You can always check out the funimation channel and crunchy roll or hulu. There are many ways to get series to watch.

I agree with Kenshin. The Forums are small and were growing. If you have any friends that are into anime they could join our community to help make it grow.

I like the sci-fi and fantasy based ones such as FMA and Samurai 7, but I've also gotten into ones like Samurai Champloo and Ouran Host Club. I really like the ones that use real scientific theories or mythologies and combine in the story like Noein or Tears of Tiara

Thats pretty cool. You may get along with us very well. Lols. Do you like steam punk? Do you like to cosplay? Have you attended any conventions?

Sorry, don't know what steam punk is. Never tried cosplay or gone to conventions. Only know one other person who enjoys anime and he lives in FL, so don't really do much beside watch it, although I have been reading fanfiction alot lately. Most of it is pretty bad, but its still fun to read.

That's alright that you don't know what Steam punk is. Steam punk looks like something that might be up your alley.

Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, and speculative fictionthat came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Steampunk involves a setting where steam power is still widely used—usually Victorian era Britain or "Wild West"-era United States—that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistictechnology, or futuristic innovations as Victorians might haveenvisioned them, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, andart. This technology includes such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wellsand Jules Verne, or the contemporary authors Philip Pullman, Scott Westerfeld and China Mieville.

Cosplay and Conventions Can be very fun. Its something that one must try at least once. That is cool that you know some else that like anime. Were always looking for new members.

@-Tyki - I try to be as helpful as possible. I am the Site admin after all ;)

I like the sci-fi and fantasy based ones such as FMA and Samurai 7, but I've also gotten into ones like Samurai Champloo and Ouran Host Club. I really like the ones that use real scientific theories or mythologies and combine in the story like Noein or Tears of Tiara

Samurai 7 and FMA awesome! :lol:

Even seen Last Exile? If not, you'd probably like it if you like series like Samurai 7. It's also a steam punk anime.

Last Exile is a good series. I Loved it. Samurai 7 is good. If you like that then you should see Seven Samurai. Its a Kurosawa Movie which Samurai 7 and the Magnificiant 7 is based off of. Mind you that Seven Samurai and the Magnificant 7 are live action movies. One is a Japanese Movie and the other is an American Western.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Last Exile and just didn't get into it. Maybe I should give it another try.

Naota - I know about the Kurosawa movie. I've seen Ran, but not Seven Samurai. Now that I've seen the anime version, I don't think I could enjoy the live action version. It would just destroy my reactions to each character and I understand they are very different than the anime. I've also seen bits and pieces of Magnificent Seven, but Western were never my thing.

Right now I am watching Phantom. Its OK, but not on my top favorites list. Some of my other favorites have been D. Gray Man, Claymore, Darker than Black, Moribito. Trigun too. Wish there had been more episodes in that series.

Thats all good. Everyone has a right to their own views and opinions.

D.Gray man, Claymore, Darker Thank Black, And Trigun are all good.

In 2009, Tyki_Mikk, Drakenfyer75, Dekkard, Bonedaddy2k8, PeterbedPerril and I Cosplayed at the NYAF in NYC as characters from D.Gray man.

normal_g14.jpg

From Left to Right..

Bonedaddy2k8 Lab Assistance, Tyki_Mikk as Himself, Random Cosplayer ( Name escaptes me) PeterbedPerril as Koumi, Drakenfyer75 as Loufa, Todd Habercorn as himself and Myself as The Millenium Earl with Talking Lero.

In 2010, I was Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist

normal_DSCN0084.JPG