2 2
Kinopio

Chopsticks Ny Magazine

Not exactly sure where to post this, though it is Anime related, this isn't about any upcoming titles etc. Please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate place.

Well folks, I have been chosen as part of the panel who will discuss ideas on Chopsticks NY magazine's makeover. The magazine is a monthly free publication that focuses on Japanese culture in NY, please check out its website for more details.

There's currently a column on manga, there are advertisements for anime and manga, but I would like to voice my opinion on expanding its anime coverage, so I'd appreciate input from fellow anime fans on what should be featured, which then I would compile and present to the panel. Keep in mind that there's, I believe, only one printed magazine on anime that is still in circulation, seeing that Animerica, Newtype USA, and even Protoculture Addicts have all ceased to exist in print.

Please let me know what you think, and suggestions can be outside of anime and manga, as long as they are regarding Japanese culture, thanks!

Kinopio, I have moved the topic to the correct category with a shadow link pointing to the correct section as requested.

This is pretty cool. Your right, there is not that many anime/manga related magazines. I know that Otaku USA is still in print but that is hard to find.

I will post this through twitter, and facebook for responses. Cause I would like to see some more publications regarding anime, manga, and j-* (pop, rock, ) music.

Very cool, if possbile how about something along the lines of up-comming anime/manga, outside of manga focus on the Cherry Blossom festival that's over at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the music scene (J-Pop/J-Rock/Visal Kei bands preforming in NYC), The Asian Film Festival, The Internationl Food Festival (Massive Porkbuns and Dumplings!!!)

Very cool, if possbile how about something along the lines of up-comming anime/manga, outside of manga focus on the Cherry Blossom festival that's over at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the music scene (J-Pop/J-Rock/Visal Kei bands preforming in NYC), The Asian Film Festival, The Internationl Food Festival (Massive Porkbuns and Dumplings!!!)

I like all those suggestion Drakenfyer75. :D Those would be awesome to see in a publication. Especially so close to home in the city.

You would have naota hooked if there was porkbuns and dumplings. I know he loves his Food. How about Culinary cook offs. Who has the best XXX japanase food in the city. That would bee cool as a suggestion For those who love food.

Thanks for the responses so far, and although I appreciate the ethusiasm, I just think posting on twitter etc is getting a little too carried away :)

The magazine actually does feature events such as the cherry blossom fest and Asian Film fest and concerts as mentioned, but I will be sure they contiune this. There are also restaurant reviews of sorts, not exactly a critique per se, but more of an introduction. You have to understand this is a free publication, so it relies on advertising even more so than those that have paid subscriptions, which means any sort of reviews won't be negative.

With that being said, I would like more input on what anime fans would think is beneficial to both getting new information and generating more distribution for the magazine. I have a few suggestions in mind, but again, there may be trends that are quite popular and in demand which I'm not aware of because I'm more of an old-school soul.

Lastly, when you say dumplings, do you mean gyoza served in Japanese restaurants or Chinese dumplings? Oh I love a group that likes to eat, I make a mean okonomiyaki and also tonkatsu.

I posted the New topic information on our twitter and Facebook pages to inform any of our members who don't check out the forums regularly. That way you get more suggestions that can help you.

There is nothing wrong with porkbuns and dumplins. Its been a while since I read a good magazine.

I like the site. It has nice recipes and cool articles. I am going to set this site up under our links section.