2 2
Kenshin

Anime And Men

We already have a anime and women thread so why not have a anime and men thread?

IMO men tend to be much more outgoing than women when it comes to anime, but that's just what I've come across. Obviously, I'm not talking about conventions where everyone's an outgoing fan. I'm referring to everyday life.

In my experience, it's just more likely to run into a man with an anime shirt or see men talking about it than it is women.

I've also noticed that one of the stereo types for male anime fans is that they are either IT people, programmers, scientists, or something else that appears to be "nerdy/brainy/geeky/etc" and it's just not always like that. Sure there are a lot of IT people, and scientists that are into it, but I've met quite a few that are cooks, retails clerks, etc.

So what you think about how anime and men are perceived?

For me, I am like your stereotypical anime fan. My size, My personality, my preference just screams the norm. I know many males who are into anime. I Have convinced a fair share of the non believers to come to the dark side. Especially since we have cookies. :P I think kenshin is right about men being a bit more outgoing. I mean, there is alot of genres that can easilly fit ones fancies. Its something that many people can get into without too much hassle.

That is assuming you can get them to try it in the first place. :P

Which reminds me, do you think men are more likely to give it a fair chance than women?

It depends on the anime style. If it is action, sci-fi, sports or mystery related then I would think yeah it would be easier for a male to give it a chance however if it is something that is geared towards the female market then there would be some hesitation. I think its just up to that individual to dive in to see wonders of it.

Anime is appealing to all sorts of people. Its just getting them started can be the hardest part.

Anime is appealing to all sorts of people. Its just getting them started can be the hardest part.

Thats is something I can agree too.