1 1
naota

Galaxy Express 999 And Adieu Galaxy Express 999

I was searching the internet for upcoming manga releases information and I stumbled upon www.animecastle.com. There I saw the pre-order list for all their products and I saw Galaxy Express 999 and Adieu Galaxy Express 999. I had a very happy moment. The series is on dvd's with both Japanese and English audio tracks and their respective subs.

I spent about 4 months a few years ago tracking down a distributor who had a copy of the anime movie based off the 104 episode series . It was released back in the mid '70's and it was a great series. The only problem was the copy I got was Dubbed. Apparently the original copy right holder never updated its license so it fell into the abyss. I am happy that they got it back.

If you are looking for a good set of movies and don't mind watching the '70's style animation then this is a series for you.

Galaxy Express 999 is the name of a train which travels through space,beginning at Megalopolis Station on one end of the galaxy and ending at Andromeda on the other. But the Galaxy Express is more than just a train, it's also a metaphor for life itself, with passengers constantly boarding, debarking, and dreaming along the way. Tetsuro Hoshino is a youth who'll give anything to board the Three-Nine, including a promise to accompany a mysterious woman named Maetel all the way to Andromeda, the planet where, she tells him, he can get a free machine body to avenge the cruel death of his mother.
Amazon.com

I remember you doing that. You did you best to find that information and wound up finding a distributer in Hong Kong since it was not in the states.